[Advaita-l] prana and the lifetime

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 7 08:58:14 CDT 2009

Dear Vidyashankar,

Thank you for a prompt reply !

As advice, I wouldn't challenge it. But I wondered if there were any grounds
for the precision about age. Otherwise, I would think that the teachings on
kosha and varnashrama are more applicable in practice than a statement like

The curse of short-term memory in advancing age certainly favours spiritual
work more than mental work, I find !