[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 08:53:49 CDT 2009

"Effort" consists in remaining in action and is grounded in ignorance and betrays inadequate acquisition of knowledge - "non-effort" entails sarvakarmasannyasa so as to remain in uninterrupted contemplation and assimilation of the acquired but as yet unsteady knowledge so as to gain absorption unto it.

I hope the difference is clear - if not you can refer to posts 5 and 6 where Shankara patiently explains in great depth.

Hari OM
Shyam