[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Oct 1 07:11:56 CDT 2009

Shankara actually clarifies that the term Brahmanas in this context can be
taken to refer to Kshatriyas and Vaishyas in addition to Brahmanas. So
this objection is unfounded. In any case the topic under discussion in the
Brahmasutras is adhikartvam for jnanaprapti and NOT the need for
sarvakarmasannyasa after attainment of jnana.

praNAms Sri Shyam prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Please note, I am talking about bruhadAraNyaka bhAshya where shankara
explicitly says : na hi kshatriya vaishyayOH pArivrAjya
pratipattirasti...If you need the maNtra reference I shall get you on
Monday...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar