[Advaita-l] vidya,avidya,Brahman and holography

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 06:43:18 CDT 2009

I'm sorry that you think I have misconstrued the 'meaning' of maya. Maya is
quite clear from its actions ! And that is a grace in itself.
All the rest is a problem of words. If we attribute it to the 'veiling and
revealing' powers of the Lord, then it becomes part of chitshakti lila --
rather than some bogey as it is sometimes represented. It is so easily
misrepresented, and can scare people off seeing the beauty of the Lord's
creation (as indeed it was once to me -- that's why  I feel so strongly on
the matter !).

I hope we are not in fundamental disagreement !

Pranams,
Michael