[Advaita-l] Jivanmukti - Jnana plus Sannyasa pt 4

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:36:35 CDT 2009

Bhaskarji,

A sanyaasi is not a Gnani but one desiring Gnana.

A Gnani on the other hand is seen to belong to an Ashrama and behave like
any other non-Gnani.  In reality he belongs to no varna or aashrama.

You have said: " For him changing gears sorry, changing ashrams hardly
matters as he sees action in inaction and inaction in action in that
socalled day to day transactions."

You are right.

He, the Gnani, does everything because of praarabhdha with which he has
ceased all connections.  To him all karmas have been burnt.  If the
praarabhda has destined that he had to change the Aashrama, he will!

Yagnavaalkya did!

Kartha who destines everything for everyone seems omnipotent but he is
incapable of destining when and how one gets liberated!  Why, because he
knows all jeevas are already liberated!

The realization takes place anytime between the birth and the death but the
janma is carried on irrespective of realization for Easwara has destined it.

It is entirely in each jeeva's own hand to assert his status as the realized
one.  That is the free will of the jeeva which is beyond the ken and reach
of Easwara.

Sages appeal to this free will of everyone to desist from adharma and tell
them that adharma enslaves and Dharma liberates.

With Narayanasmrithi.