[Advaita-l] A Perspective - 7

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 23 05:59:44 CST 2009

Michael and Vishy - 'I slept well" is not inference but experience recollection.

Let me show you the difference.

I was alone in my room and my wife brought a plate full of laddus and left it there and when she can back she found that the plate is empty. She accused me that I eat all that laddu. Now she did not see my eating that laddu - from her point my eating laddu is pure inference.

If no one saw me eating, everybody can infer that I eat the laddus. But that inferential laddu will not fill my stomach. suppose I was really innocent and some cat or some dog came and cleaned the plate and left and I am sitting there and meditating finer things in life than laddus. Everybody thinks by inference I eat laddu but I have no experience of eating laddu and in fact I am now hungrier and want to eat that laddu that everybody accusing me that I eat.

I eat laddu not because of inference; I am now so full that I cannot eat anything else. I say the laddu was good. That is experiential laddu not inferential laddu.

The law memory is the experiencer and the recollecter has to be one and the same - hence I slept well because there is no duality and all problems are solved. From the point of the waking mind, yes it is but there is a sakshii who is witnessing the absence of thoughts in that state. That state is an experience. Hence the statement for which I have to use the mind that was not there to express - I slept well.

I am sending separate mails since my posts go only to archives

Hari Om!
Sadananda