[Advaita-l] A Perspective - 4

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 17:23:36 CST 2009

Sunilji,

(a) All karmas, irrespective of the fact it is kaamya karma or otherwise,
bear fruit.  If they don't bear fruit then karmas would be meaningless.

(b) No karma is possible without 'ahamkaaram' the causality that impels one
to do.

(c) Therefore a person does a karma 'impelled' by his ahamkaara (shall we
say that this is destined!).  He covets the fruit for himself or he
dedicates it to Eawara - this is his option.

(d) A person who covets the fruit has to come to enjoy it.  This is the
cause of janma.  A person who does not covet has no reason to be born.

(e) Easwara who is the karmaphala dhaatha would have no reason to cause the
birth of a jeeva if he had dedicated all the fruits of his karmas to
Easwara.  But would that be a true release?

(f) A true release is freedom from ignorance.  A jeeva who has dedicated the
fruits of his karma out of his love for Easwara is still ignorant.  It is
not logical to say that a person desiring the knowledge of the Self would
then go about performing karma and dedicateing its fruit to Easwara.  Actually
a person's desire for knowledge arises from his realization that all karmas
are vain ultimately.

(g) This is where the point made in (a) comes to play.  Nishkaama karma
bears its fruit to the jeeva who performed it by way of his acquiring a
Guru.  Easwara himself comes to him in the form of a Guru and teaches him
the knowledge of the Self.  Aachaaryavaan PurushO Veda.  The jeeva then
knows who he is and gets released.

Krishna was the Guru and the Gopis were his sishyas and they learnt their
Oneness with Him through his leelas.  This shows that the teaching comes in
different forms and ways from a Guru who himself dons various forms.
 Arunachala mountain was Bhagavan Ramana's Guru.  He can even be formless.

This is the scheme of things with regard to Nishkaama karma.

This may perhaps answer your question:  "After doing Niaskaama karma has he
to worry if he would have the fate of Trishanku or will he fall to the ways
full of desire?