[Advaita-l] On free-will

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon May 25 00:22:50 CDT 2009

Dear Member
What we call as free will is a relative term.This so called free will is
governed by our vasanas and past karmas.Compared to lesser species like
animals we can at the maximum distinguish between good and bad actions and
try to moderate them to live creditably in society which animals lack.They
are spontaneous in action but we we are scheming..We are overpowered by
Anger and Desire products of Rajasic temperament.We lose reason many a time
and regret at leisure for our emotional actions.so there is no free will so
to say.Krishnamoorthy.