[Advaita-l] Sankhya & Yoga

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 13:51:25 CDT 2009

Dear Shri Jaldhar,

Thanks for posting all the possible interpretations you could find.

I am doubtful the Deva mentioned all through chapter VI is Brahman at all.

VI.10 mentions this deva as the one who grants access to Brahman.

The deva is not named in chapter VIl, but he might be Hara mentioned in the

first chapter (a form of Rudra who is some times avoided). In fact I.10-12

which name Hara use similar wording as VI.10 & 13. This could mean Hara,

the causal state that receives/takes away, can be attained by (the ancient

practices of) Samkhya and Yoga and Hara is also the entrance to Brahman.

There should be no dispute with advaita, and I do not know (or care less)

what the classical Samkhya says.

Regards

Bhadraiah