[Advaita-l] family love

vaidehi chaitanya vaidehi.chaitanya at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:19:16 CDT 2009

hari om sunil bhattacharyaji

a small clarification here i wish to give. there is nothing called
samyak knowledge of maya. in fact maya is avidya (see yogavasista
original). there is no samyak knowledge of avidya for it means self
contradiction.

In yogavasista, sri vashihsta says to rama in utpatti prakarana
chapter, sloka 1.20

avidyA samsrutrbanDo mAyA mOhO mahattamaH
kalpitaaniiti naamaani yasyaaH sakalavedibhiH.

of which (of the world which is illusory in nature) several names have
been coined by the learned: avidya (ignorance), samsruti
(transmigration), bandhaH (bondage), mAyAillusion), mohaH (delusion),
mahat (great), tamaH (darkness).

creation is maya. there is nothing to see through maya. Infact, to
stop seeing maya is advaita.

may be it is necessary to stop here for intellectual discussions
should necessarilyaim at  stop the ripples of thoughts arising.

thanking you

vaidehi