[Advaita-l] family love

vaidehi chaitanya vaidehi.chaitanya at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:35:15 CDT 2009

hari om

it is in the way we look at things. love and affection for parents,
siblings and even spouse - is it or is it not vasana or maya. Infact,
call by any name - vasana or maya  they both mean the same. mandukya
upanishad calls it spandana (vibration). the bhavana behind is what
makes a difference to the affection or love you show to others. remove
the otherness from the love or affection, it is pure, self existent
and self effulgent. this is the effort we the seekers should attempt
in our every day transcational world.

vaidehi chaitnaya