[Advaita-l] Three models for worship

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:32:10 CDT 2009

Shrinivasji,

Thanks BG.15, I will check it out. (Some one please show me the search button for the list.)

The list of models is infinite, and I did not list them in any order. In fact, depending on how

you want to classify, Atma vs Maya model can be put on top, and Atma/devas/Maya/Jivas be next.

Br.U.I.4.10 serves as Shruti for Atma/Maya model, and Atma/Maya model is higher model because

it eliminates the layer of devas.

I have a feeling Brahma Sutras & Bhashya draws its terminology from the entire vedic literature,

so it may be tough to understand. It is like Tai. pr a large portion of which makes sense only to

someone who has chanted all four vedas or some one who has depth in vyakaranaM.

Sutras are concentrated knowledge. I suggest beginners may work on Upanishat Bhashyas,

learning a bit of pranayama here and there hinted in there. That should give a good handle

on the subject, after which one can branch out to one's area of competence. For people like

me who did not even learn Rama shabdam reading originals is a Himalayan task.

Regards

Bhadraiah