[Advaita-l] Sandhyopasana - Savita

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 03:19:27 CDT 2009

Thanks Jaldhar,

Very sensible reply.

Thanks to Vidyashankar as well.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

Sadgurubhyo Namah.

--- On Mon, 3/16/09, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

From: Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com>
Subject: Re: [Advaita-l] Sandhyopasana - Savita
To: "A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>
Date: Monday, March 16, 2009, 9:34 AM

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Venkata Subramanian wrote:

> Vidyashankar,   You have rightly referred to the explanation of Sringeri
Jagadguru Sri Chandrashekara Bharati.   I have a doubt here.   When I do
Sandhyavandana, should I necessarily consider that the Aditya in my front (Stula
Aditya in the Akasha) as the prateeka for the Savita, (Savita = Brahman as I
understand), or do I have the option to close my eyes and consider directly
Savita - directly as per the meaning of the mantra, in which case my focus is
not necessarily on the Stula Aditya in my front up in the sky......!   Thanks,
Venkat

When you are giving the arghya you are necessarily considering the actual sun.
However, aleast the way I learnt it, after that you are supposed to say
'asAvadityo brahma'  It is this vakya that identifies the sun with
Brahman.

-- Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com>_______________________________________________

To unsubscribe or change your options: