[Advaita-l] (no subject)

vijaya1.kambhampati at tiscali.co.uk vijaya1.kambhampati at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 02:56:43 CDT 2009

Pranaams to all.

Thank you very much to Sadanandaji for the clear explanation of maya
to me. I have begun to understand more about the transient nature of
ones relations in the world. It is clear that relations fade when one
makes new contacts and lose touch over time with others.

I would also like to thak Anbu Sivanji  for the reply that the reply
would be maya too.

Satya Sai Baba addresses his devotees as prema swaroopas as we are
born into the world of maya from love , live because of love and then
die. However, Love is an emotional state of the mind and the mind is
part of maya. How can one transcend the world of emotions to reach the
peace of atman. And also Should one try to live unemotionally in order
to live in atman, I  have been told vairagya or detachment is essental
to search for atma. Is that the same as being unemotional??

Is living in atman a pursuit for the intellect.. Is Meditation a
pursuit for the intellect.? Through which tool can I search for atman
which I have been told is Satchitananda.

These are questions that come back to me even though I know that the
gross world of objects body mind and intellect are all part of maya.

Thank you all once again for the very kind replies.

Pranaams again.

Vijaya.

Iswara shakti. Hence appearance of all plurality is due to maaya only.
Maaya also involves delusory power that is taking the apparent
plurality as real.

>Relations are possible only when there are  two. Mother-father
relations come with birth when the subtle body enters into the womb
after garbhaadaanam. The emotional relationship develops with the
mother and then with the father as the child grows. Close physical
contact with the mother is recommended as important for the sound
emotional growth of the child. If the child is brought up by a
different couple, it may develop the emotional relations ship with the
adopted parents with no contact with birth parents.

>All these relationship are essentially rooted because of the strong
attachment to the gross physical body or bodies.

>When one moves into different fields as some of us did moving from
one country to the other, lingering emotional attachments with the
previous fields exists to some extent and slowly it will die down as
new relationships are established in the new land. This may take longer
for some and for other quickly depending on how emotional they are.
Many contact relationships slowly diedown unless one keeps reinforcing
it by frequent travel back to the old field.

>We can extend the same with a caveat that after death only subtle
body remains since gross body is left behind in the old environment.
The lingering emotions at the subtle body level can remain until it
gets deeply engraved in the new field with its own samsaara. One can
see this temporarily in the dream world where one has detached from the
gross body of the waking world and create dream gross body to interact
with the dream subjects. This is just an analogy.

>There are discussion about the pitRilokas and other lokas and
pouranik stories of how Rama could see Dasharatha in the havens, etc.

>How much importance one gives for all these relations compared to the
fundamental truth that is unrelated to any since it is one without a
second to have any relationships - depends on one's emotional growth.

>All relations of course are within maaya only. But if we know it is
really maaya then that is the beginning of evolution.

Get up to 50% off Norton Security - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/securepc