[Advaita-l] Sandhyopasana - Savita

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 17 08:48:38 CDT 2009

Shri Senani,

Yes, all etymologies are amateur until we know the original poet's intention based on the context.

My speculation is, from the context of "He eats food with prateeka, it appears that prati means against all others, ka means space. This can also mean kick against all known objects and head towards space. Prateeka may be the final take off.

When a formula is well proven and well tested it can be delivered for all cells in the conscious body/mind leading to final take off. This can be dangerous if a formula is not well tested or if other cells are not competent enough to handle the forumula.

The upanishat first tells a person who knows such and such knowledge eats food, which is a code word for achieving limited liberation (non duality) because eating food symbolizes union of food and eater. Eating with prateeka happens as next stage when the person masters this meditation.

Regards

Bhadraiah