[Advaita-l] apoorva vidhi & niyama vidhi -Br. Up. 1-4-7

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Mar 13 07:02:13 CDT 2009

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I would like to know what would be Sri sureshwara's explanation in bruhad
vArtika with regard to Br.Up. maNtra 1-4-7 & shankara's commentary on
apoorva vidhi & niyama vidhi & samyak jnAna daurbalya (weakness)  due to
onslaught of karma etc.  I've read somewhere that Sri Sureshwara clarifies
here that this niyama vidhi is not intended in 'tAtparya' to propagate the
view that  it is there for *adrushta phala* ..Since I donot have the
vArtika text with me I am requesting prabhuji-s to clarify with original
text & if possible translations.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar