[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trvrtkarana (Analysis)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jul 24 01:30:49 CDT 2009

However, studying in what respect Sankara applies a "samAna nyAya" to both
descriptions is
something that leads to very important insights into his advaita focus.

Humble praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Though I am enjoying these discussion between your goodself & Sri
Devanathan prabhuji, I humbly believe that discussions like this can only
appease the studious interests of some academicians who want to have only
textual/intellecutal approach towards scriptures.  After all, we know that
srushti has not been systamatically defined in shruti, coz. describing the
'order' of shrushti is not the primary goal of shruti.  Hence shankara
clarfies in sUtra bhAshya : na cheyaM paramArTha vishayA srushti shrutiH.
avidyAkalpita nAme rUpa vyavahAra gOcharatvAt...brahmAtmabhAva pratipAdana
paratvAccha ityetadapi naiva vismartavyaM..(sUtra bhAshya 2-1-33).  So,
whether it is intermixing of 5 elements or it is only intermixing of only
3 elements hardly matters for a sAdhaka especially when shruti itself
turning a blind eye on these meticulous details.

Sri Vidya prabhuji & Sri Devanathan prabhuji kindly pardon me if I said
anything wrong here.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar