[Advaita-l] Science and the Veda

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 19:36:00 CST 2009

Namaste Shri Bhattacharjya,

(Please address me simply as Gadkari or Shrinivas)
Yes Modern Science does show that all matter is connected intricately - perhaps the EPR Paradox
and recent experiments that test Bell's Inequalities highlight this.
See eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_test_experiments

Next step is to realize that in all such experiments, the key factor is interaction of the observer.
Then ask if the observer is made of "matter" or something different from matter. If the observer is
made of matter there should be no reason for matter to behave fundamentally differently in presence
or absence of an observer.

Regards,
Shrinivas

Namaste gadkariji,

If it is not out of place I may add the following to your first point. Modern science exclusively deals with the Physical world or can we say the material world. While the gross physical world obeys a set of  mathematical / physical laws and that at the atomic / subatomic level has somewhat different sets of laws finally coming to the equivalence of mass and energy and the wave nature of matter. Finally this shows uniformity in the ultimate constitution of the physical world or can we say that no mater is really essentially separate in the ultimate sense.

Regards,

Sunil Kumar Bhattacharjya