[Advaita-l] Mimamsa Question: karmabheda in SAkAs (Jaimini Sutra 2.4.8 )

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:41:52 CST 2009

Sorry I messed up the last sentence.

>I don't know where this stands with regards to Sankara's fourth
>statement that brahmajnana alone qualifies for immortality and ending of
>life and death cycles may be just a restatement of the deva instead of
>rites + knowledge of the rites or rites alone.

I don't know where this stands with regards to Sankara's fourth statement
that brahmajnana alone qualifies for immortality and ending of life and
death cycles.

When the ritual is done twice in parallel:

1. The real world yajna is the equivalent of observing a snake OR doing
agnihotra. (If agnihotra is not done right, expiations would take care of it
any way, and these expiations are part of agnihotra itself, so they don't
even count).

2. The inner yajna is knowing about the truth behind what appears as
snake OR knowing the interactions between the devas.

This two-in-one performance holds the key to deveyana marga. So now
That else straight brahmajnana direct and immediate is required in addition
to or instead of what kausitaki says above? I believe what Kausitaki says is
direct enough for purva mimamsakas.

Regards
Bhadraiah