[Advaita-l] advaita vedanta, religion and science

Dr D Bharadwaj drdbharadwaj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 22:52:50 CST 2009

'' that one need not blame religion as impeding one`s progress towards
realisation of the Self/Brahman ''

Absolutely true. Following one's religion or a religious practice
can not,'in itself', be an obstacle for the pursuit of the Self or its
realisation. Surely, Sri Ramana often expressed this view. He certainly
didn't mind religion. In other words, pursuit of the spirit or the seeking
of the Self and its realisation, needn't be an excuse for dumping
the religion.

Yes, religion, on the other hand, if pursued in the right manner be might
actually help one on the path......esp. if the religion that is followed is
ArSam or rSiprOktam.

It is dogmatism that needs to be shunned not religion.
Dumping religion does not end dogmatism.
One can still be 'doamatically' irreligious.

Regards,
Dr. D. Bharadwaj
drdbharadwaj at gmail.com