[Advaita-l] mithya and maya

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 05:07:28 CST 2009

Sadanandaji

Of all the splendid answers here, today your answer delights me most..

I am not here to argue.. I only have to fall still, and there are no
questions to answer, no doubts to resolve, no positions to take or reject,
in that 'just being'..

If I posit questions here, it is to understand the teachings in their
purity... if a teaching stands in one's way, for whatever reasons, it is not
helpful. And I was at one stage in years past, misled (perhaps a necessary
step ?) as to 'look for' maya.. But then, after a time, when 'just
looking' -- it wasn't there as a veil, as a theory, as a hindrance, as a
help...

So I would not like to pass on any confusion to others,  about knowing, or
seeing, the Creation or the Creator, in any faith or language..

At the same time, there is no safer recourse than to turn to the words of
the wisest.

Please take this response as a thankyou to all who have responded to this
question -- and may continue to do so !

Vamana/Michael