[Advaita-l] Svarita in RV and YV (was Re: SRI SUKTAM - Meaning)

Dr D Bharadwaj drdbharadwaj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:12:33 CST 2009

Sri Ramakrishnan,

Namaste

You are absolutely right. What is learnt from the right guru,
has been coming down from generations of scholars
who lerant the same way and dedicated themselves to
the practice of this as well as the aspects of the science and art
of traditional recitation. Such a practice, learnt in the right manner[
i.e., according to vidhi], is the final. What is learnt *muhka of the guru* is
the final pramaana in the trdition.

Comparisions with other ways of rendering, which may be 'right' in their own
* *tradition, is indeed 'meaningless'
for the 'practical' purpose of actually reciting.

May be such a discussion will help in the compilation of treatises to
serve purely intellectual purposes that may,
as such, have some passing value in the present age.

SrIguruBhyOnnamaha
SrIramaNArpaNamastu

sarvE bhavanthu sukhinah
sarvE santhu niraamayaah