[Advaita-l] Svarita in RV and YV (was Re: SRI SUKTAM - Meaning)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:07:22 CST 2009

Vishwam,

What a qualified guru has taught is the correct method. The proof for
the apaurusheyatva of the vedas, be it Rg veda or otherwise, is that
it has been known to be taught by a series of teachers in the same way
(see Kumarilas arguments).  So what svaram was taught by a guru is the
correct svaram. All this comparsion to the Rg veda svarams are quite
meaningless because it is a case of the Rg veda pot calling the yajur
veda kettle black.

Rama