[Advaita-l] SRI SUKTAM - Meaning

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Feb 13 04:35:56 CST 2009

He also applied this to the svarita in the word citayantam and
told me to recite it in the Rgvedic fashion, using the so-called
dIrgha svarita.

praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

this sachitra chitram chitayantamasme..etc. we use as kEtu graha pratyadhi
devata *chitra gupta* maNtra (brahmA devAnAM padaviH kaveenAM as adhidevata
'brahma' mantra)  in navagraha sUkta..We also use this maNtra while
offering sidhUra or turmeric powder to devatA vigraha in shOdasha upachAra
pooja...But here also I find the pAThAntara...I have seen some Acharya-s
recite 'chitraH kshatraM chitratamaM vayOdhAm etc. (reciting the word
'chitra' by adding visarga  & reciting visarga  fully since *ksha* kAra in
front...(like mahadbyaH,  kshullakebhya..etc. in rudra prashna) Now the
question here is whether we can add visarga to this word chitra ??  In
printed versions it is only chitra kshatraM not chitraH kshatraM and my
veda pATha is also as per printed text..

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar