[Advaita-l] concentration

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:44:41 CST 2009

Shri Bhattacharjya

>Patanjali did say about the pranayama but did not elaborate it much.

Patanjali's work is a kind of firmware which belongs to a space somewhere
between Shruti and Hatha yoga. Y.S. I.6. is a known pranayama based on
five-fold Sama in Ch.U. As prof. Bharat gupt of Delhi University says in the
ancient times we had connections between all subjects like shruti, advaita,
yoga, music, dance etc but the links suffered a rupture at some point of
time. Thanks for other references.

Regards
Bhadraiah