[Advaita-l] Information on Vishnu Sahasranamam

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Aug 26 15:10:04 CDT 2009

Dear Members
The Vishnu Sahasranamam is set on anushtup chandhas-that is after each 8
letters another set of eight letters will follow which will enable us do the
padhaschedam properly -this is my understanding.But differences do exist in
segregating the namas by Sri Sankara,Sri Ramanuja and Sri
Madhwa.But they are all unanimous in the total number of namas as thousand
only.R.Krishnamoorthy.