[Advaita-l] Science & Consistency

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 10:43:31 CDT 2009

IMO: Yes, the spirituality of science is desire to look for the truth.
The phrase "neti-neti" which is commonly used the Vedanta is a the answer to the question, is this the truth.  So the journey for finding the truth continues.
Science starts with a hypothesis, designs an experimental model, conducts the experiment, observes the results and arrives at the conclusion.  If conclusion "superimposes" with hypothesis then one finds the truth. If this does not match then the scientist refines his hypothesis and repeats his experiment.  IMO - This the utilization of "neti-neti" concept and thus science and spiritual concepts have a direct consistent relationship.
Kind Regards,
DR. Yadu