[Advaita-l] shudra

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 22:15:26 CDT 2009

It means you ought to study the impact of Buddhism instead of being biased
in its favour!
If a condition in India gave rise to Buddhism, then there are two resulting
situations considering that Buddhism declined in India.

One is that the need gets fulfilled and Buddhism served its purpose.  Did
it?

The other is like a condition that gives rise to the weed in a field which
condition gets rectified and the weeds are out.  Here Buddhism is compared
to the weed.

You have to determine which one of this was the result.

Under Buddhism the role of Brahmins as an entity was unneeded as much as it
is under Hinduism.  When something is not needed it will not exist.