[Advaita-l] praNava

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 11 06:50:13 CDT 2009

Namaste Sunil-Ji:

If one looks bhakti as an extension of the "aham brahmaashi".

Then this becomes the equilliser "we and the God" are the same.

So by serving  the concept of "God / Ishvra" we the Human beings will not abuse the nature or other beings and that would be the real Ishaara seva.

Through this we will be making our own place better not only for ourselves but for the society (immediate community or Nation) we live in.

Then "we" the individual citizens automatically become the "Bharata bhaagya vidhtaa"  rather than "George the 4th".

Bhakti has lead us to remain harbour serving mentality in our personal and professional lives. The current understanding of bhakti is extremely selfish for personal benefits only.  Where the upasaka desires / wishes for "individual salvation / liberation" rather than liberating the whole community / Nation.  That is what is meant or needs to to realized from the phrase "pradubhotosiraaShTesmin kirtiR^iddhi dadhaatu me" (shri suukta).

Just something to think about !!

Kind regards,

Dr. Yadu