[Advaita-l] praNava

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:58:08 CDT 2009

>Would you put 'Om Namah Shivaya' beyond the >bounds of surrender or Advaita ? If so, I'm sorry for >you, in my Abrahmanic way.. :)

I fail to understand your question. Om Namah Shivaya is dvaita, though traditionally dvaitists are vaishnavites. In dvaita jivatma is separate from paramatma, and at the time of kaivalyam it merges into Vishnu or Shiva. That is my understanding. Abrahamic surrender does not lead to such merger (I have heard of bent knees in case when a king conquers the world, but not in case of dealing with paramatma). I like to learn from list members if that is not the case.

Regards

Bhadraiah