[Advaita-l] prapanca

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 9 10:11:26 CDT 2009

Dear Michael:

Yes the term prpa~naca can be used in association and suggesting expansion./

Example:

An individual family is his/her prapa~nca.
He starts a small business, then that business grows and becomes his prapa~naca.
Initially his immediate family does not support the venture but when it becomes successful relatives re-group to claim the part of that expanding "prapa~naca" (Business).
This is not limited to householder either.

A sanyaasi gives-up his immediate family (prapa~naca) to become an acetic.  But once he realizes that what he has understood / realized he needs to apply to to a larger frame-work.  So he establishes a Non-Profit Organization and this in-turn initiates a "larger parapa~na".

Acharya walked away from his family to establish a larger prapa~na in four corners of India. How sad that the individual maThadipati do not interact with each other !?  Often be they desire to establish their own views by rejecting other point of views?  So essentially all of them are engrossed in "expanding" their own prapa~na !!?

How soon one forgets the example of OSHO in India and then in US.

IMO- The term prapan~ca does signify expansion as well.

Regards,

Dr. Yadu