[Advaita-l] Pancikarana vs. Trivrtkarana (analysis)

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 05:43:25 CDT 2009

Dear Dr. Yadu,

Viniyoga for RV.i.126 is child's play. As hair is mentioned it could be chanted by hotR when it is time to utter himkAra, because hair is himhAra. As female organ was mentioned the verse could be used for kindling fire in place of samidhenis. If I committed an error brahma priest is there to fix it.

If you ask me how can I be so sure, my reply would be that this is how brAhmaNa & aranyaka literature is composed which are still considered as part of Shruti. Most upanishats are end portions of the brahmanas and aranyakas. Also, for doing the rites half knowledge is sufficient. If some one like Nachiketa were here, he would ask questions till the guru faints or until he gets his brahmajnanam.

Saunaka used the word yoga, not viniyoga; so that makes every hotraka a sinner until he finds yoga in every Rk.

Regards

Bhadraiah