[Advaita-l] Revival of Sanskrit

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 05:09:39 CDT 2008

Namaste,

Revival of Sanskrit Language is an inevitable event
as our understanding of veda and Science grows.

I have summarized my views on veda-s in previous
posts on this form.

The essence of veda-s is a collection of vidyA-s.
The interrelation between the macrocosm and
microcosm and harnessing this relation is at the
heart of every Vedic vidyA.

Over the last three hundred years modern science
has enhanced our understanding of macrocosm
very significantly. We who represent the glorious
tradition of Vedic RSi-s should some day be able
to not only understand the already discovered Vedic
vidyA-s, but also add to this collection by formulating
/ discovering new vidyA-s. The most interesting among
these would be vidyA-s that weave in the new understating
of macrocosm made available by modern science.

Once we have done this, we will need new mantras
to capture the role of these newer entities (tattva-s) in
these Vedic vidyA-s.

Obviously we will need holistic terms to refer to these
new tattva-s. And the systematic approach to
this will be provided by the language formed from bIja
akSra-s --- The Sanskrit language.

Regards,
Shrinivas