[Advaita-l] Shata Rudriya Chakroddhara

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 23:35:11 CDT 2008

Its construction looks somewhat like that of a shrIchakra but it is more complex with many more triangles.

I was told that during some pUja-s they use a normal shrIchakra as representing devI and this shata rudrIya chakra as representing shiva. The chakra also goes by the name shiva-chakra rAjaH. However the smArta tAntrika-s that I came across are not aware of any special pUja being done to this along the lines of shrIchakra pUja.. During a discussion with Harsha Ramamurthy we tried to see if the chakra fits the model of the mahA prAsAda -Avarana that he is aware of, but it did not match.

>1. jum or juum (joom - MM) (another book of prayers I have writes it as
>'jum' - hrasva)

Book of prayers? These can hardly be called prayers even if they contain words like namaH, pAlaya etc. It is fine if you came across this in some stotra books.
Please see shAradA-tilaka for clarification on the bIjAkShara.

Regards