[Advaita-l] shabdabrahman

Sriram Krishnamurthy asksriramjobs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 02:15:21 CST 2008

Hi Jaldhar,

I would like to add that the Sage, HH Sri Vidyaranya in his Panchadashi says
that one can attain Brahman through meditation on Aum. According to the
review of Sri Goda Venkateswara Sastri in the latest edition of Tattvaloka
on a translation of Panchadashi he says that Vidyaranya has deviated from
Sri Shankaracharya by stating that one can attain Brahman through meditation
on Omkara. I leave it to the Shastra Vruddhas to ponder on this. Morever
there is a work on Sphota Siddhi by Sri Mandana Mishra, who may be the same
Purvashrama name of Sri Sureshwaracharya who was the Shishya of Sri
Shankaracharya. Another advocate of Shadba was Sri Sarvagnatma Muni, in his
Samkshepa Shareerika.

Thanks and Regards,
Sriram Krishnamurthy