[Advaita-l] The Evolution of Advaita from Sankara till Date

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu May 15 01:15:17 CDT 2008

I do not concider that an evolution of Vedanta nor is Vivekananda a
scholar or IMO an advaitin

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji
Hare Krishna

But prabhuji dont you think though there is no evolution in vEdAnta
itself, there is a considerable evolutionery changes in interpretation of
vEdAnta??  I think, the interpretations of vEdic scriptures have been
drastically changed from the time of gaudapAda/shankara to madhvAchArya...

I've seen your comments on Swamy Vivekananda somany times
earlier...prabhuji, kindly let me know why you are taking such a  tough
stand on vivEkananda??  what makes you to think that he is not even an
advaitin!!  I've read his work on jnAna yOga, though it is not shAstric &
rigid in the representation of non-dual phiolosophy, I think, it is worth
reading for those who persue jnAna mArga.  Kindly comment.

Your Humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar

PS :  If the comment on Swamy Vivekananda is too sensitive & outside the
scope  to discuss on this list...kindly write to me off the list.