[Advaita-l] Interesting URL

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Tue May 13 10:58:32 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian
<rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Try Kokileshvar Bhattacharya.  Sw. Vivekananda, maybe.  Sw. Sivananda,
> > actually, no, I don't believe so.  He wrote in English at the beginning
> > of the 20th century, but to my knowledge the similarity ends there.
> > Actually, it's interesting that you should bring this up, because writing
> > in English to the acclaim of Western audiences seems to be enough on
> > this list to qualify as a "neo-advaitin" under the careless/disparaging
> > use of that term.  Sw. Chinmayananda I know a great deal less about.

BTW, needless to mention I greatly respect both Swami Vivekananda and
Swami Sivananda. I consider that both were advaitins, the latter
focussed on more "traditional" advaita. Swami Vivekanda was an answer
to the needs of his times and his organization has done wonders for
Hinduism in general.

Rama