[Advaita-l] Re mental efforts

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 09:39:28 CDT 2008

Vishy and Marco
PraNAms

Glad to know you both have gurus from whom you could learn that SELF alone is the final teacher. I know Nisargadatta Maharaj himself had a guru who could teach him that you are that and with that faith in the words of the teacher he could realize in 3 years.

To recognize the self is the teacher requires a frame of mind which comes with the fourfold qualification. If you have them, that is great.  My best wishes in your efforts.

My only word of caution is small blips to state that no mental efforts are needed for self-realization is true only if one has the four-fold qualifications.  Even then inquiry is required about the nature of the self for the self to be guiding.

Hari Om!
Sadananda