[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: law of karma

latha vidyaranya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 5 03:42:43 CDT 2008

hari om
namaste

how does one apply the "law of karma" in day to day life?

every thing that we do or think is considered a karma - daihika karma or maanasika karma.
and each karma is like a fresh seed that is going to be sown to get fruits later on. we may do nishkaama karma - ie, do the action without expectations in return, just for the love of it, with aaraadhana bhaava. or you may do the karma with expectations of a positive result. in this case sometimes our expectations get fulfilled and we become happy and our action gets reinforced. but sometimes our expectations are not fulfilled and the outcome may turn out to be negative. in that case we become disappointed and may get frustrated so much that we start blaming our 'karma' and become complacent. negative thinking takes root. "whatever i do does not give me good results at all. my fate is bad. hence i will not do anything about it. i will just undergo what is written in my fate and i am doomed for ever". thus we may continue to subscribe to 'fate' and take recouse in inaction!

that inaction is not to be. if the results were bad, it was not my 'fate', but my attempts were either insufficient or inadequate. hence use your free will again with doubled energy, seek guidance from experts, attempt once again with the determination of uprooting the poor result. have belief in self and also seek the support of Ishwara for a positive outcome this time. inspite of several sincere attempts, if the outcome is still not upto our expectations, then learn to 'let-go'. well, it was just not meant to be. let us accept our failure gracefully at this stage and move ahead in life.

since we reap as we sow, let us continue to sow good seeds so that some day they reap and spread the goodness to one and all.

namaste