[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Oscar L. M. de Farias

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Feb 17 21:42:57 CST 2008

My name is Oscar Luiz Monteiro de Farias, I am 57 years old, I was born in
Brazil, and I live in
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
I am now a teacher at Rio de Janeiro State University.
I am a member of Lectorium Rosicrucian (www.lectoriumrosicrucianum.org)
since 1989. Last october, I believe, an intense desire to study the Vedas
came to me.
Since then, I have read the following texts:

    - The Call of The Vedas - A. C. Bose (not really advaita)
    - Introduction  to Vedic Philosophy - Satsvarupa dasa Gosvami  (not
    really advaita)
    - An Introduction to Vedanta - Dr. K. Sadananda
    - Advaita for Beginner´s - D. Krihsna Ayyar
    - Bhagavad Gita --> I read again and again.
    - Self Enquiry - *Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi*
    - Who Am I - *Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi*
    - Viveka-Chudamani<file:///G:/E-Books/Advaita%20Vedanta/Viveka-Chudamani/index.html>-
Sankara (I am reading now)

*I am very interested in the practical realization of the advaita teachings.
*
*I think this list can help me in finding the right person to teach me
Vedanta.*
*Oscar*

--
Oscar Luiz Monteiro de Farias, D.Sc.