[Advaita-l] Matrupanchakam

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:55:31 CST 2008

> Matrupanchakam was written by Bhashya Swamigal. He was directed in a dream
> to compose the same by Sri Chandrashekara Bharathi Swamigal, the
> Shankaracharya of Sringeri Math, in the 1960's, which is long after his
> Videha Mukti in 1954. In that dream he was told the following
>
> " Matrupanchakam Likha, Ashtothram Vada"

I had the same doubt, so I went through the text that Sri Sastri posted and found them to be different from Bhashya Swamigal's Matrupanchakam. Interestingly, one of the verses has the same last line as the one in Bhashya Swami's composition.

Sri Sastri, could you share the source of the verses you posted a few days ago?

Namaskaras,
Vidyasankar