[Advaita-l] What is the meaning of illusion (according toadvaita, obviously)?

Pranipata pranipata at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 27 18:21:09 CST 2008

Hari Om Shri Sadanandaji,  Pranaams!
Can we say one gets deluded by illusion, if he is prompted to action; while
the delusion is removed by right knowledge; one is not prompted to any
action.  Illusion may still persist.
As none will wish to quest their thirst from mirage waters. By delusion we
refer to the me and mine notion arising out of non-discrimination which
impels one towards objects. (Gita 2.53 and bAShyA). Delusion is our reaction
to illusion. Delusion can be removed by discrimination. Then one's attitude
becomes nirveda/udAsIna.
So it seems delusion and illusion do differ. Kindly clarify.
In Shri Guru Smriti,
Br. Pranipata Chaitanya