[Advaita-l] Analysis of madhvAcArya’s mAyAvAdakhaNDanam

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 14:29:56 CST 2008

Dear makwanaji,

Namaste,

Ramakrishna paramhansa said that all the three ie. the Dvaita, Visishtadvaita and Advaita are correct. These are at different levels of perception. He said that a time is approaching when people will understand Advaita instantly.

To give a simili we tell a school-boy that "Atom" is the smallest particle but to a higher secondary student of science we say that the "Atom" has a nucleus surrounded by electrons and that nucleus itself has "Proton" and Neutron". We tell the degree level student  about the the spin theory and the "aufbau" principle as to how the electrons are configured in the atom. To still higher students we teach about other subatomic particles such as "Meson" and then about "Quarks" and "Anti-Quarks' etc. and the quantum mechanical representation. Higher students get a deeper idea of the structure of matter and also understands the equivalence of "Matter" and "Energy". Thus we see that the truth is told to all the students at different levels. To make any assessment one should not forget the level for which a certain way of describing things or matter has been adopted.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya