[Advaita-l] Fw: Re: Fw: Re: vedastuti part 8

Shantanu Panigrahi shantanu_panigrahi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 01:53:21 CST 2008

Dear Mr Vyas
I quote Shri Shankar Dayal Sharma the former President of India who wrote that

"Shankara's profound philosophy radiated the eternal truth that the Brahman and Jiva are one and the same. He taught that all men irrespective of caste or creed can experience Reality by lifting the veil of 'Maya' or 'Avidya' which surrounds man. He preached that there were diverse paths to truth. Indeed Shankaracharya gave new meaning to these dictums of the Rg Veda and the Bhagavad Gita Ekan Satya Bahda Vadanti. The very core of his philosophy which stressed the identity between Brahman and Jiva"

What more is there to understand?

Dr Shantanu Panigrahi