[Advaita-l] [Fwd: [ambaa-L] Re: Works of Shri Bharati Tirtha Swamigal of Sringeri]

MSR abhayambika at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:21:47 CDT 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[ambaa-L] Re: Works of Shri Bharati Tirtha Swamigal of Sringeri
Date: 	Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:26:15 -0000
From: 	sriram <sriram_sapthasathi@>
To: 	ambaa-l at yahoogroups.com

Dear ravi,

Sometime back you asked me about the identity of the author of
ChandrikAkhyA and Smrti MuktA phalam.  Here are the words of Shri
Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal of Sringeri Sarada Pitham.

Shri Swamigal had confirmed that both the authors are entirely
different.  The author of ChandrikAkhyA is Shri Vaidyanatha Dikshitar
who hails from Kasi whereas the author of Smrti MuktA Phala, who also
holds the same name is from Tamil Nadu.  And both are NOT SAME.

Hope your doubt is cleared.

AjnAnAm JAhnavI tIrtham vidyA tirtham vivekinAm
sarveshAm sukhadam tirtham bhAratI tIrtham Asraye...

With regards,

--- In ambaa-l at yahoogroups.com, MSR <abhayambika at ...> wrote:
> namaste Sri Venkata Sriram,
> I am forwarding this to advaita-l. Is the vaidyanaatha diixita
> below same as the author of smrti muktaa phalam (aka vaidyanaatha
> diixitiiyam)?
> dhanyavaadaH
> Ravi
> venkata sriram wrote:
> >
> > Dear members,
> >
> > It is good news for all of us that Jagatguru of Dakshinaamnaaya
> > Sringeri Sarada Pita Shri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal is on the
job of
> > writing commentaries of some of the works which are given below:
> >
> > 1) Chandrikaakhya - a wonderful commentary on Lalitha Sahasranama
> > Shri Vaidyanatha Dikshitar
> > 2) Brahmavidya Vilasa - A gloss on the commentary of Sankara on
> > Panchadashakshari Mantra based on the Srividya Dipika of Agastya
> > 3) Commentary on Siddhanta Bindu, Advaita Siddhi and Anandiya
> > prakarana granthas)
> >
> > The manuscripts of Chandikaakhya and Brahmavidyavilasa are ready
> > DTP printing and hope it would be ready by the end of chaturmasya
> > vrata of swamigal.
> >
> > Commentary of the third one's are also ready and DTP is also over
> > Delhi. Unfortunately the Main Server at Delhi crashed due to
> > The backup to some of the pages fortunately were taken. Hope to
> > them too after chaturmaasya vrata.
> >
> > With regards,
> > sriram

sudhaasuutesh-candropala-jalalavair-arghya-racanaa .
svakiiyair-ambhobhiH salila-nidhi-sauhityakaraNaM
tvadiiyaabhir-vaagbhis-tava janani vaacaaM stutiriyam.h

Web Page: http://www.ambaa.org/
Support:  help at ambaa.org
Preferred Transliteration: http://www.aczoom.com/itrans/

Be informed, visit: http://www.kanchi-sathya.org/