[Advaita-l] Fw :Pourakutsa gotra abhivadya (fwd) (Jaldhar H. Vyas)

sunil bhattacharjya skbhattacharjya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 21:35:35 CDT 2008

Yes. I will only like to add that Gotra also helps to avoid marriage
within a gotra. There can be recessive genes within a gotra and a
consanguimous marriage can lead to damage of the gene pool and the
deleterious genetic effects can include defective offsprings. To avoid
occurrence of these undesirable effects the knowledge of Gotra is
useful.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya