[Advaita-l] Kutchu and his glasses - realising Brahman

Siva Senani Nori sivasenani at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 01:51:43 CDT 2008

lakshminaaraayaNaaya namah.
Sir
You are absolutely right. I am not qualified to know whether a person is self-realised or not. I fully acknowledge that and to the extent I am capable of, tried to reflect that by such things as referring to Brahma Sri Marko as Brahma Sri Marko, stating explicitly that he realised his Brahman-hood and so from his point of view, perception is Brahman. However, if you and others capture the dhvani of my response, which betrays that I am deeply sceptical of Brahma Sri Marko's status of being self-realised, I must admit that I am indeed deeply sceptical.
Regarding Krishna Paramatma, whereas he did declare his Isvaratva (at birth, showing the entire universe in his mouth of Yasoda, showing his viSvarupa to Bhishma and others during pre-war negotiations, most famously in Bhagavadgita, during uttaragita and so on), he play-acted more times. If he were never to demonstrate it, how would the ignorant know the right path? He descended to establish dharma, "dharma-samsthaapana-arthaaya", did he not?
I am also in agreement with you regarding the manassaakshi. And being aware of it, I only said what I could not do, namely, transfer my money or disown my people, and not what other self-realised people do not. Yes, by that, I hoped to draw Brahma Sir Marko to respond explaining how he treats similar instances as I indeed wanted to know how he reconciles his knowledge with his myriad daily acts. He chose to sidestep that.
So now I have to either understand that I am not fully qualified to understand Isvara's leela, or that Brahma Sri Marko is not self-realised.

The second does not benefit me in any way; whereas the first alternative, if followed upon properly, would improve me and someday, hopefully, make me eligible. So let me try that. And may the sangati of members of this list keep me on that path.
Senani