[Advaita-l] AVIDYA

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 00:19:25 CDT 2008

Namaste,

I will paraphrase your main question and attempt to answer it.
Q: When I wake up from sleep who maintains continuity in the
state of my vyavahArika life (with respect to the state just
before I slept)?

Let us briefly re-state the fundamentals so that we are on
same page:
1. There exist two levels of existence: absolute (paramArtha)
and relative (vyavahAra).
2. mAyA and the world she creates exist at the level of
vyavahAra.
3. why does mAyA exist? why does she create the world? are
futile questions.
4. There are rules within the creation of mAyA and events
therein are not random but governed by these rules (again
don't ask WHY).
a. So a simple answer to your question is: the continuity in
my vyavahArika state before and after sleep is one of the
rules in the world of mAyA.
b. Same thing put another way: Let us call the tattva that
ensures that the rules in the world of mAyA are followed
as Ishvara. So it Ishvara's job to ensure continuity in the
state of consciousness before and after sleep.
c. Or we can define assistant tattvas to Ishvara and call them
deva-s. So Ishvara has assigned the task of maintaining
continuity in the state of consciousness  before and after
sleep to a specific deva. This deva ensures the execution of
this rule in the world of mAyA.

With regards,
Shrinivas

  WHO IS TELLING US TO REMBER ALL THE THINGS WHEN WE GET UP, and who is awakening us?

  where are our relations (relatives& friends) in the sleep?

  CAN ANY LEARNED MEMBER COMMENT ON THIS,

  I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ANY COMMENTS

  please find some information below this.

  With regards
  Kameswara Rao