[Advaita-l] Difference between Brahman and Brahma

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 09:07:24 CDT 2008

Friends,

What's the difference between Brahma and Brahman? They
say Brahma is nominative masculine, but what is
Brahman? If it's neuter, then why is it there, and is
there a feminine form? I am not sure how there can be
masculine form of Brahman, which is beyond gender....

Second, I need some help with Gita 5.7: In the first
three lines (up bhuutaatmaa) are all the words nouns?
Second, what does sarvabhuutaatmabhuutaatmaa mean? It
makes little sense.

I'd appreciate some response on this.

Regards,
Suresh