[Advaita-l] The essence of advaita

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 22:52:31 CDT 2007

Pranams Sastriji:

You write:
>> "We do not say that Brahman illuminates the mind. What we say is that the
>> mind catches the reflection of consciousness and therefore appears to
have
>> consciouness of its own."

In order for the mind to "catch the reflection (of Brahman)", don't we have
to posit a Brahman (sun) that "illumimes it"? Or in other words, aren't the
mind catching the relection and Brahman illumining the mind different ways
of saying the same thing? If that is so, then my original question still
stands viz. how can we attribute an action to Brahman in the vyaharika
satta?

Thanks for your help, Mahesh